What is the Walk for Life?
This year on Saturday, June 3, Life Network will host the 36th Annual Walk for Life! The Walk for Life is a simple way for people of all ages to get involved by actively demonstrating support for the value of human life – and a desire to make a difference in the lives of women, men, students and babies in our community. By raising funds and walking yourself or sponsoring another walker for the Walk for Life, you are directly helping the ministry of Life Network advance its mission to cultivate a community that values life through the love of Christ.
Participating walkers can choose to join with us at Memorial Park in person or if you prefer, to walk in your own neighborhood. Register online today here! Any questions can be answered by our Events Team, at email@example.com or 719.355.1188. Our life-affirming ministry is so grateful for your support!
How does the Walk for Life help our community?
The funds raised from this year’s Walk for Life will help the ministry of Life Network continue life-affirming programs that make a difference in the lives of over 15,000 individuals within our community. The FREE services that Life Network provides to the Colorado Springs community include:
- Pregnancy tests and options counseling
- STD testing and treatment
- Baby and maternity clothing
- Parenting education and classes
- Emergency baby supplies
- Post-abortion recovery groups
- Education on sexual integrity and risk-avoidance
- Teen suicide prevention and awareness
For every $150 raised, Life Network can provide life-changing services to three women facing unplanned pregnancies. Click here to see more statistics on how your fundraising can make a difference!
Looking to sponsor a friend?
Click the button below!
Don’t know who to sponsor?
Sponsor our President!
Note: All pledges are tax-deductible. All pledges are a one-time pledge, not a per-mile pledge. Any pledges selected as “Bill Me” will be billed through the mail 1 month after the Walk takes place.
How to raise funds for the Walk for Life?
Our goal is to raise funds for the ministry of Life Network and you can make an impact in your community! Join us by registering to attend in-person at Memorial Park or walk in your own neighborhood on Saturday, June 3. Share with us how you’re walking for life by tagging @lifenetworkcos and #walkforlifecos! When you put your feet to your convictions and Walk for Life you are directly helping the ministry of Life Network advance its mission to cultivate a community that values life through the love of Christ.
To participate in the Walk for Life, first create a fundraising page or download a pledge form, then ask everyone you know to sponsor you! Their pledges are tax-deductible.
There are many useful tips and resources on this website for you to use as you begin your fundraising. For every $150 raised, Life Network can provide life-changing services to three women facing unplanned pregnancies. All pledges are a one-time pledge, not a per-mile pledge. We look forward to celebrating life with you on June 3rd!
5K FUn RuN
You can raise funds and participate in our 5K Fun Run!
PLEASE PRE-REGISTER! Minimum $25 sponsorship (per runner) required to participate in the 5K. Sponsorship increases to $50 (per runner) for those who register the day of the event, on June 3. This will be a self-timed, unofficial 5K, and there will be no medals awarded; but prizes (including t-shirts) will be given to fundraising walkers/runners based on their individual fundraising. Click the button below to register!
Our volunteers make it possible!
Thank you is not enough to express our appreciation and gratitude for your willingness to serve at this year’s Walk for Life! This event would not be possible without the many volunteers who generously donate their time and talent – thank you for being one of them!
Participate as a team!
The Walk for Life is even more exciting when you participate with a group of friends! A team consists of three or more fundraising walkers or runners. Team members could include your family, your friends, your small group – or any combination of three or more fundraisers! Each team member needs to fundraise individually, and have their own pledge form (paper or online) on Walk day. Be sure to designate one person as the Team Captain. If a team raises over $2,000 in pledges, the Team Captain will become a member of the Life Savers Club and be invited to the 2023 Life Savers event in July as a thank you!
As a team captain, just follow the easy steps below to create a team.
- Identify a unique Team Name (see the Top 5 Teams of 2022 below for examples.)
- Register yourself: Be sure to enter your team name, and yourself as the Team Captain when you register!
- Encourage each of your teammates to register online – make sure they enter your team name when they register!
- Visit the FAQs section of the website for helpful fundraising tips to share with your team!
- Set a team goal and encourage your team to meet it! Check in with your team members weekly to see how their fundraising is going.
- Walk on Saturday, June 3 to celebrate God’s faithfulness to all generations: past, present and the future (preborn) generation! You can walk with your team in person at Memorial Park. Be sure each team member has registered online as a part of your team and/or written your team name on their pledge sheets.
Catholics 4 Life Network was the #1 Team in 2022!
Their team raised a total of $94,713!
A special thank you to the top 5 fundraising teams of 2022:
- $94,713 – Catholics 4 Life Network
- $66,115 – Life Network Staff
- $23,693 – Rocky Mountain Calvary Team
- $15,524 – Vista Grande Baptist Church
- $15,060 – Village Seven: Kingdom Builders Community
Join our Prayer Team!
Scriptures to pray over the Walk for Life:
“Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be over all the earth”. Psalm 108:5
“Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” James 5:16
“Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” Matt 18-19-20
“I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses.” Joshua 1:3
“For I am with you, and no one will attack and harm you, for many people in this city belong to me.” Acts 18:10
“The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.” 2 Pet 3:9
“Jesus told them a story showing that it was necessary for them to pray consistently and never quit.” Luke 18:1
“Pray without ceasing.” 1 Thess 5:17
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints. Eph 6:18
These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication. Act 1:14a
Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men. Col 3:17; 23
What is the conclusion then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will also pray with the understanding. I will sing with the spirit, and I will also sing with the understanding. 1 Cor 14:15
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Heb 11:1
These were his instructions to them: “The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields. Now go, and remember that I am sending you out as lambs among wolves. Luke 10:2-4
So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Gal 6:9
The earth is the LORD’s and all its fullness. 1 Cor 10:26″
Walk for Life prayer points:
- Pray for health for staff, volunteers and participants.
- Pray for good weather.
- Pray for a safe and peaceful event.
- Pray that this year we will see widespread participation across the city.
- Pray for excellence in our check-in and pledge form processing.
- Pray that no one is injured during the event set up or tear down or during the walking or running.
- Pray that we will exceed our goal of $500,000.
- Pray for the “post” walk responsibilities: handling of cash, checks and credit cards, precise and accurate data entry, billing preparation and mailing.
- Pray for all of our vendors and corporate sponsors. Pray that God would bring new business to each of them as a result of their faithfulness to our ministry.
- Praise and thank the Lord for an uplifting and awesome time in His presence on Saturday, June 3rd!
Life Network ministry prayer points:
- Pray for strength and wisdom for staff and volunteers who work directly with our clients.
- Pray for opportunities to share the love of Jesus in tangible ways to our clients.
- Pray for women to find strength to love their unborn children and bless them with the gift of life.
- Pray for the men and women who seek emotional healing from past abortions through our post-abortion Bible Studies.
- Pray for stronger relationships to be built with teachers and students.
- Pray for recruiting and training volunteer speakers for Education for a Lifetime, especially medical professionals.
- Pray that the families in our parenting education program would surrender their lives to Christ, their hearts teachable before Him.
- Pray for wisdom and boldness for our volunteers to meet the need of the client where they are at and direction in mentoring them/building relationships.
- Pray for the Fatherhood program, that men will come through our doors and have a teachable heart to become the dad that God has intended them to be.
- Pray for our staff, for wisdom and direction as we grow, to meet the needs of clients and volunteers.